Welcome to LawChip.com. LawChip.com provides an easy-to-use platform developed to help individuals and groups needing financial support for legal services. Everyone, and every cause, that has a case with merit should have the opportunity to be represented by an attorney.
Overview of the Process
LawChip.com provides an easy-to-use crowd funding platform developed to help those needing financial support for legal services. Everyone, and every cause, that has a case with merit should have the opportunity to be represented by an attorney.
Litigation crowdfunding allows individuals and groups to reach out to hundreds of their peers simultaneously in a semiprivate or confidential manner to obtain funding for individuals or group causes.
Why We are Different
LawChip.com is not the first, nor only, crowdfunding platform for legal or medical matters. But, we were unaware of any similar site that provided a service that offered the recipient additional layers of privacy protections. If approved, LawChip.com provides users the option to add privacy controls to their campaigns. While this may seem counterintuitive, there are reasons and actual need for these types of crowdfunding campaign mechanisms. See examples.
But, while we allow the user to add extra privacy measures, the campaign must still be vetted pursuant to the LawChip.com Terms & Conditions. All the requirements still pertain, which include, but are not limited to:
- Payments are only transferred after confirmation that an attorney or attorneys have been engaged;
- There must be an ongoing legal matter or a planned future legal matter that the donations are intended to be used for;
- Attorneys must be registered with a State Bar information and trust account verification;
- Attorney names must be provided to LawChip.com; and
- The campaign creator must complete the LawChip.com user information form.